Eid Al Adha 2020 in Australia Moon Sighting | What Happens on Eid
Eid al Adha 2020 Australia is observed on the evening of Thursday, July 30th. This Eid usually lasts for three days, so it ends in the evening of Monday, August 3rd. This Eid commemorates the willingness of Prophet Ibrahim’s sacrifice of his son Ismail in the way of Allah. This ‘Eid is also known as” big Eid”, “greater Eid”,” sacrifice feast” and “Eid ul hajj”.
When Eid al Adha is celebrated?
Eid al Adha is celebrated on every 10th dhu al hajjah, which is the last and 12th month in the Islamic calendar. The day of eid depends upon the visibility of the moon as Islam follows the lunar calendar. This calendar is based upon the appearance of the moon.
Is Eid Al Adha a Public Holiday?
There is no public holiday in Australia. Not all the working centers will remain closed. However, schools, colleges, and businesses will remain closed on the event of eid. Some Islamic organizations may be closed during eid. There would be full security around the mosques.in the morning the parks will be open for the eid prayer.
Eid Al Adha 2020 In Australia
- Muslims celebrate this eid whole heatedly. They get up early in the morning. They clean themselves. So, People apply perfumes and wear clean and tidy outfits.
- They gather in the mosque and offer prayer. They may offer prayer in the park or wide field.
- Then, they slaughter animals and distribute their meat.
- They slaughter lamb, ram, goat, cow, or camel.
- This act is called “Qurbani”
- It is allowed only for those people who can effort it.
Eid al Adha is the event that is celebrated to remember the sacrifice of prophet Ibrahim for the willingness of his son. Allah was impressed by the prophet Ibrahim’s act and replaces his son with a ram. From that day, it had become the part of the Muslims faith.