Eid al Adha 2020 means the festival of sacrifice and the people in this month celebrate the eid with fasting prayer. The fast is not taken by the people. But the people on this day eat the meat of the sacrifice. They even don’t drink water and don’t eat anything. They have to eat this meat. This is the proper meaning and sacrifice of the eid al Adha fasting prayer 2020.
We all know that Eid al Adha’s fasting prayer is a very important part of eid’s celebration. Offering Eid prayer is the most obligated part of the Muslim’s faith. Being a Muslim it is necessary for everyone to offer Eid prayer.
Important things about Eid prayer:
- It is Sunnah that you should get up early in the morning and take a bath to clean yourself. As the holy prophet (P.B.U.H) has said that:
Cleanliness is half faith.
So it is very necessary for everyone to clean himself before the Eid prayer.
- Wear clean outfits and use perfume. You should wear the best clothes on this day.
- Clean your teeth with miswak. You can also use toothpaste if miswak is not available. But it is not Sunnah.
- Do not eat anything before offering a prayer. But after offering prayer you can eat or drink anything. It is not permitted to keep fast on the Eid day. Our holy prophet (P.B.U.H) has said:
“No fasting is permissible on the two days of Eid-ul-Fitr and Eid-al-Adha.”
- You should speak takbeer in a loud voice while going for Eid prayer.
Eid Al Adha Fasting Prayer 2020
The takbeer is:
“Allaahu Akbar, Allaahu akbar, Allaahu akbar laa ilaaha ill-Allaah, wa Allaahu akbar, Allaah akbar, wa lillaah il-hamd”
(Allah is most great, Allah is most great, Allah is most great there is no god but Allah, Allah is most great, Allah is most great and to Allah be praise.)
- Muslims should offer his prayer with all sincerity. as Allah knows everything. You can offer prayer in any open or wide ground. If there is no space available in the mosque, they can also offer prayer in the park or field.
- Don’t use the same path while going to the mosque and returning home.
- After offering prayer, Muslims should have to listen to the sermon. While listening to the sermon, there should be complete silence.
Some scholars don’t agree on the rules of offering Eid prayer.
- Eid prayer should be offered in the special trimming of the sun rising.
- Each consists of two Rakat during takbeer.7 times Allah-u-Akbar is pronounced.
- The rest of the Eid prayer is the same as the other prayer.
Why do Muslims celebrate Eid al Adha?
Muslims celebrate this Eid to commemorate the willingness of Ibrahim to sacrifice his son in the way of God. God was impressed by the heartbreaking sacrifice of prophet Ibrahim. He replaces his son with a ram.